seminarista
Welcome to Seminarista.heavenforum.org!

Please feel free to register / log in to see the forum's entirety.

God bless and keep the faith!

Registration difficulties? email - joelsioson @ yahoo (dot) com

Other Religions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Other Religions

Post by sesamemucho on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Although we have been trained and inculturated on how to "blend in" with people who have different religious beliefs, there are still times wherein our "silent treatment" and "live and let live" ideologies are put to the test.

How do you handle non-Catholic critics and their remarks? Do you just stay quiet or rebut?

my website ----> joelsioson.tk
sesamemucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Religions

Post by pipsilverio on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:39 am

I did rebut once.... brad night out natin yun sa minor may nag tanung sa akin about the things we do na hindi daw biblical in nature I told their group... " I will be able to join you if you can tell or show me in your BIBLE that God wanted you to brush your teeth every morning and every after meals..." akalain mo tinalikuran ako ako pa daw ang Pilosopo eh sila nga yun kung anu sinasabi about our faith etc. etc. etc. I just love those na talaga naman pilosopo about their faith hehehehe ako pa pinilosopo nila bwahahahaha
pipsilverio
Forum Archangel
Forum Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sesamemucho on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 am

pipsilverio wrote:I did rebut once.... brad night out natin yun sa minor may nag tanung sa akin about the things we do na hindi daw biblical in nature I told their group... " I will be able to join you if you can tell or show me in your BIBLE that God wanted you to brush your teeth every morning and every after meals..." akalain mo tinalikuran ako ako pa daw ang Pilosopo eh sila nga yun kung anu sinasabi about our faith etc. etc. etc. I just love those na talaga naman pilosopo about their faith hehehehe ako pa pinilosopo nila bwahahahaha

ganda namang rebuttal spiel nyan! Laughing

my website ----> joelsioson.tk
sesamemucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tovarisch on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Hehehe, ako kasi passive ako sa ganyan.
Marami na ako nakasama na ibang religion, Muslim, INC, Born again, etc.
Hinahayaan ko lang sila pag they talk about fundamental differences. Nagkakaroon kasi ako ng kaalaman kung ano ba talaga ang pagkakaiba talaga.
Pero pag naguusap naman kami, it's more on the similarities, kasi let's face it, it's better to know that people still believe in God in whatever way they can. I try to be ecumenical, ika nga.

www.yusakugodai.multiply.com - my alter-ego
Tovarisch
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pipsilverio on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

I agree with you kabayan JC, I was s young then and have not heard of the thing about being ecumenical back then, otherwise ngayun nila ako tanungin uutangan ko muna sila habang sinasabing napaka ganda at realistic ang views nyo subalit tulungan nyo muna ako ngayun (financially ) atsaka ako aanib sa paniniwala nyo" same thing tinalikuran din ako bwahahahaha... kala ko kasi it's all about who will be saved and who will help you get saved kaya humihingi ako help (financially) hindi din ako tinulungan bwahahaha
pipsilverio
Forum Archangel
Forum Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by colsec on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 pm

and at the end of the day naman, it is not RELIGION that will save you but FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ. Very Happy
colsec
Forum Virtue
Forum Virtue

Back to top Go down

Post by Walfisch on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Hanga't maaari eto yung ayokong pinag-uusapan, kasi malaki yung possibility na yung gustong makipag-debate sa akin tungkol sa religion ay sobrang biased na akala nila ma-convert nila ako sa religion nila.

Pero yung maka-usap yung ibang tao na iba yung religion nila, ok lang ako sa ganun. Tapos, for the sake of conversation, napupunta sa religion, yun ok sa akin. Ganyan yung nangyari dati nung nakausap ko yung ka-trabaho kong Muslim dito sa States. Nagulat pa siya kabisado ko yung pillars of Islam! Laughing

Tinanong niya ako, paano mo alam yan? Sabi ko na lang, napag-aralan namin nung high school namin! Cool
Walfisch
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by eric_shaq_borgy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 am

So far, staying in Muslim country where I have a lot of Muslim friends(even in the Philippines where i used to get Dvd's) is pretty nice. We don't tackle or argue much about religion.. They don't even encourage me to join, or promote that Islam is a great religion.. My coleagues were here as someone you can ask about restrictions of the laws and rules within the country which is helpful for me. Qatar also have the Museum of Islamic Arts, which displays the link between Christianity and Islam( based on centuries ago).. My impression of Muslim people became different as day goes by. Unlike in mah country Pilipinas wherein people experience decades of conflict between the Muslims and Christians, Muslims and the Government, Muslims against Muslims. It is peaceful here and I could say the safest place for me so far.

Ramadan will be coming in a few days from now.. Its just matter of respect for them and its favorable for me, because its gonna be shorten working time for a month panic

> I just have to be careful of irate customers because hunger due to fasting may somehow affect how people deal with others unless they stick on their spiritual goal during the season..
eric_shaq_borgy
Forum Angel
Forum Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top